In our Barcelona office, we are looking for pas-sionate developers to set up a new engineering team. You will be part of the XING Events business unit, that is also located in Munich, Germany. You will work on existing and new products that engage users to communicate offline and online.
- You are a passionate web developer with experience in Ruby on Rails, HTML/CSS, and JS.
- You are used to test your code (unit tests, TDD).
- You have a university or polytechnical degree in software engineering or relevant experience.
- You like to stay on the cutting edge of software development and have been building applications that serve the user and scale seamlessly.
- You get things done, have a positive mindset, and are known as a motivated team player with good communica-tion skills (English a must, any other languages optional)
- You enjoy working in agile teams with a focus on sharing knowledge with your colleagues sitting next to you or on the other side of Europe.
- You pay attention to detail without losing sight of the goal, have a sense of ownership and pride in the quality of your work.
- You have a good sense of humor, an unpretentiousness and humbleness towards other people and are eager to work in a multicultural environment.
In this role you will:
- Work within a new cross-functional team that uses the Ruby on Rails, React, iOS, and Android technology stacks.
- Implement and test features in the web and backend parts of the app.
- Work within the XING technology environment, including GitHub, ElasticSearch, MySQL, RabbitMQ etc.
- Take part in the creation of completely new products and features.
- Contribute massively with your passion and hands-on to our new features and products that engage users to meet and exchange online and offline, or innovate existing ones such as such as xing.com/communities.
• The chance to work on a large, highly distributed platform with over 14 million users.
• An innovation/hack week every few months where you can unleash your creativity and ideas.
• Training and conferences.
• A sunny office located in the centre of Barcelona, with a large terrace.
• A multicultural environment with employees from all over the world.
• Subsidised restaurant tickets, free fruit, drinks, snacks and much more.
• Company pension plan, private health insurance, transport card… as flexible retribution.
• Spanish and German lessons.
• A mobile device as well for private use (iPhone, iPad, Android…).
• Competitive salary.
• We contribute into open source (https://github.com/xing) and let the world know what we are doing (https://devblog.xing.com) and organize public user groups and coding events.